Our practice is working together to realize a shared vision of uncompromising excellence in gastroenterology. To fulfill this mission, we are committed to:
- Listening to those we are privileged to serve.
- Earning the trust and respect of patients, profession and community.
- Exceeding your expectations.
- Ensuring a creative, challenging and compassionate professional environment.
- Striving for continuous improvement at all levels.
Please print and fill out these forms so we can expedite your first visit:
- Patient Packet (designed to be printed double sided)
- Notice of Privacy Practice
- Authorization to Disclose Health Information
In order to view or print these forms you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. Click here to download it.
Colon Prep Information
Mid-Valley Gastroenterology staff will provide you with personalized information outlining the timing and details specific to YOUR colonoscopy. You may want to review the following information in addition to what our Procedure Schedulers have provided:
Visit colonoscopy to view the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy's Patient Education page for colonoscopies. There they provide an educational video to watch and brochures to read.
- Prep FAQ's
- Low Residue Diet Meal Suggestions
- Clear Liquid Diet meal Suggestions
- Benefits Risks Alternatives
- What a good prep looks like
Insurance and Billing
Please contact our Billing Office at (541) 768-7600 to verify acceptance of your insurance plan. Qualifications for insurance coverage may differ due to the uniqueness of each procedure.
Please contact our Billing Office at (541) 768-7600 for details.
What To Expect
Being well-prepared for your appointment will ensure that the healthcare provider has all of the needed information to provide the best possible care for you. It will also help alleviate any unnecessary anxiety you may be feeling prior to your first appointment. Educate yourself on your symptoms by reviewing the content on this website. Also, take some time to review our staff page and familiarize yourself with the doctors. We look forward to your first visit.