STEPS WE TAKE TO KEEP YOU SAFE DURING THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
In this time of uncertainty, Mid-Valley Gastroenterology is dedicated to delivering the care you need.
Mid-Valley Gastroenterology follows carefully designed, rigorously enforced safety precautions for anyone who needs face-to-face care. We have ample supplies of personal protective equipment (PPE) and full support for COVID-19 testing. We carefully monitor our local hospital and intensive care capacity. We're safely treating all patients, both in-person and through virtual visits, in adherence with federal and state executive orders and guidance. We welcome both new and existing patients for in-person and virtual care.
- Please contact us to discuss your appointment options:
- Request appointment
- Virtual visits
- Virtual visits can be great options for appointments before, after or in place of face-to-face care. Scheduling specialists will recommend a virtual visit if it best fits your individual needs
Your safety is our top priority
We’ve added new precautions to minimize risk of COVID-19 transmission. You can focus on getting the answers you seek, knowing that we're committed to keeping you safe.
When you visit, you'll notice:
- Strict limits to the number of people in clinic
- Carefully monitored entrance points
- Screening of all patients for symptoms and possible COVID-19 exposure before entering our buildings
- Universal masking required for all patients, visitors and staff
- Waiting areas arranged for social distancing
- Enhanced cleaning of exam rooms and equipment after each patient
- Frequent deep cleaning of other clinic spaces
What to expect when you’re here
- Mid-Valley Gastroenterology requires all patients, visitors and staff to wear a face covering or mask while on our campuses to guard against COVID-19 transmission. For more information about masks, check out: CDC face mask recommendations and American Lung Association tips on masks
- Please bring your own face mask or cloth covering. If you do not have a facemask, a mask will be provided to you. Patients will not be seen in clinic if a face mask is not worn
Long before you arrive at our clinic, safety is clear in the details. Here’s what you can expect:
Appointment request phone call
- To schedule, please contact our clinic at (541)-768-6119
- Your scheduling specialist will walk you through our COVID-19 symptoms and exposure screening questions. You’ll also get specifics on how to prepare for your visit
Guidance for all patients and visitors:
- Bring a mask to wear (We recommend wearing a mask anytime you're away from home)
- Follow social distancing guidelines
- Unless absolutely necessary, we would ask significant others or other family members to stay home or in the car
- Leave all children in the care of someone else at home
- Arrive 15 minutes early to allow time for COVID-19 screening procedures
Pre-appointment virtual check-in
The exact method may vary by location, but generally you'll be contacted by a Mid-Valley Gastroenterology staff member one to three days before your appointment. He or she will walk you through a virtual check-in, which may include the following:
- A review of your current medications
- COVID-19 screening questions
- A temperature check (good to have a thermometer on hand)
- A review of clinic guidelines, including use of masks, social distancing and visitor policies
- Information about arrival location and other logistics
- If any concerns are identified, we’ll provide you with clear guidance on next steps, including the possibility of rescheduling your appointment
When you arrive
Mid-Valley Gastroenterology staff will welcome you at your designated entrance. They’ll guide you through our door screening process, including:
- COVID-19 screening questions
- A temperature check
- If your door screening goes smoothly, you’ll be reminded of important clinic safety guidelines, including use of masks, social distancing and visitor policies. Then, you can head to the floor for your appointment. If any symptoms or questions come up during your door screening, staff will need to review those with your healthcare provider. If there is a high suspicion for a respiratory illness, we will need to reschedule your visit and you may be directed to urgent care or your primary care physician
While you wait
Our staff has taken special precautions to protect you in all waiting areas. You'll see:
- Extra supplies of hand sanitizer available to all
- Masking and social distancing guidelines posted and monitored by staff
- Seating arranged and marked to promote social distancing
- Robust cleaning and sanitizing practices
During your appointment
- You’ll get the comprehensive, thoughtful evaluation you need from your Mid-Valley Gastroenterology visit. At the same time, you can feel confident in extra steps to protect your well-being:
- You and your care team will stay masked
- Consultation and exam rooms are arranged for social distancing
- Frequent and robust handwashing is our practice
- Care is delivered efficiently and effectively while allowing physical distance
- MVGI supports full testing capacity in the event your provider orders additional testing. Some tests or procedures may require COVID-19 testing beforehand to ensure safety
Samaritan Health Services is requiring all patients who have NOT completed a COVID vaccination series (1 dose J&J, 2 doses Moderna or Pfizer) to undergo testing for coronavirus (COVID-19) prior to any procedures to be done at a Samaritan facility - Your physician will order a test for coronavirus to be completed no more than seven days and no less than 2 days prior to the day of your procedure.
You have the option to test at any Samaritan Health Services Lab without an appointment or at a SamCare Express location WITH an appointment.
SHS Labs (No Appointment Needed)
GSRMC - Neville Building Laboratory Department of Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center
3615 NW Samaritan Drive, Suite 102Corvallis, OR 97330
Weekday Hours: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Samaritan Geary Street Clinics - LaboratoryDepartment of Samaritan Albany General Hospital
1700 Geary Street SE Albany, OR 97322
Weekday Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Samaritan Albany General Hospital - Laboratory Department of Samaritan Albany General Hospital
1046 Sixth Avenue SW Albany, OR 97321
Daily Hours: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Samaritan Lebanon Community Hospital - Laboratory
525 N Santiam Highway Lebanon, OR 97355
Weekday Hours: Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Weekend Hours: Saturday, 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., closed Sunday
Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital - Laboratory
930 SW Abbey Street Newport, OR 97365
Weekday Hours: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Samaritan North Lincoln Hospital - Laboratory Department of Samaritan North Lincoln Hospital
Temporary Location: Building 7 (2930 NE West Devils Lake Road) Lincoln City, OR 97367
Hours: Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. only at the temporary location
SamCare Express (Appointment required, call or go online to schedule)
SamCare Express - Corvallis
990 NW Circle Blvd Ste 101Corvallis, OR 97330
Weekday Hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday Hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
SamCare Express - Albany
1970 14th Ave Ste 130Albany, OR 97322
Monday through Friday Hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.